Every woman desires flawless clear skin and perfect complexion. But factors such as free radicals, hormonal changes and sun exposure can damage your skin leading to patchy pigmentation and dark spots, making you look older.Pigmentation is basically the presence of dark (hyperpigmentation) or light (hypopigmentation) patches on the skin. It is a commonly observed concern. It is not life-threatening, but it can definitely give sleepless nights to those who desire a clear and even skin tone. Our skin has melanocytes. These are cells that produce pigment called melanin which gives skin its color. The number of melanocytes present in our skin determines our skin colour. Melanin apart from giving skin its colour, protects our skin from the damaging effects of sun radiation. The more our skin is exposed to sunrays, the more melanin is produced by melanocytes. This excess melanin is then deposited under the skin, which leads to skin tan, darker patches or pigmentation.Visit our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai for appointments call 9004839333.
Avoid picking and squeezing them
Before you start treating the marks, it’s extremely important to note which is the most effective way to reduce the likelihood of acne scarring. When you start picking on it, it automatically increases the chances of the marks staying back because of the trauma you inflicted on it.
Use targeted treatments
The best way to treat acne marks is by preventing it during the healing process. You should ideally target the acne and use a spot treatment that will prevent it from breaking out further.
Choose the right products
Another way to treat marks left by pimple is by opting for skincare products that cater to sensitive skin.
Never forget your sun protection
Exposing an acne scar to the harmful UV rays of the sun will darken it all the more. The rays of the sun stimulate pigment-producing cells which makes the scars much more noticeable.
If you notice your scars becoming red and bigger, this results from hyper-pigmentation of the skin.
Do not scrub too often
Scarring happens the most when you use exfoliating agents too much on your skin. The rough granules which are used to get rid of blackheads irritate the acne and thereby lead to scarring.
For all skin,hair and nail treatments visit our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai.Call 9004839333 for appointments.
There are many types of dermatitis. Symptoms can vary depending on the type of dermatitis you have.
- Contact dermatitis, caused by exposure to an irritant or allergic reaction, typically shows up as a red, itchy rash that is limited to the area of skin exposed to the substance.
- Nummular dermatitis, common in people who have dry skin or live in dry environments, shows up as red, itchy, circular patches of weeping, scaly, or crusted skin.
- Seborhic dermatitis called cradle cap in infants, causes greasy, yellowish scales on the scalp and eyebrows, behind the ears, and around the nose.
- Stasis dermatitis causes scaling and swelling of the lower legs. Sometimes ulcerated or open skin appears inside the lower legs and around the ankles.
- Atopic dermatitis(eczema) can cause extreme, persistent skin itchiness. However, many times, itchiness results simply from dry skin.Call 9004839333 for appointments at our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai.