What Does It Look Like?
A fungal infection of the nail may affect part of the nail, the entire nail, or several nails.
Visible signs of a fungal nail infection include:
- scaling under the nail, which is called subungual hyperkeratosis
- white or yellow streaks on the nail, which is called lateral onychomycosis
- a crumbling corner or tip of the nail, which is called distal onychomycosis
- flaking white areas on the nail’s surface, which may include pits in the nail
- the appearance of yellow spots at the bottom of the nail, which is called proximal onychomycosis
- loss of the nail
Common signs of a fungal nail infection include:
- a distorted nail that may lift off from the nail bed
- an odor coming from the infected nail
- a brittle or thickened nail
Visit our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai for all skin,hair and nail ailments.