- The most common complaint in rainy season is hair fall. Hairfall during monsoon increases by about 30 per cent. While on a regular day you may find 50-60 strands of hair on your brush, but during rainy season this count may go up to 100.
- Humidity robs the hair of its bounce leaving them limp and lifeless.
- Dandruff worsens in rainy season as the fungus responsible for causing it flourishes in humid weather.
- Non-specific itchiness of the scalp and irritationare also common. These contribute to increased hair loss.
- Lice infestation is also common in the rains, as lice breed during this season.
- Bacterial and fungal infection of scalpis also common during monsoons. Exposure to polluted rainwater and warm humid conditions encourage growth of Bacteria/ fungus on scalp. As a result, some people develop painful pus-filled boils or severe itchy flaking patches develop over scalp.
Visit our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra for all skin,hair and nail ailments.Call 9004839333 for appointments.