There are many types of dermatitis. Symptoms can vary depending on the type of dermatitis you have.
- Contact dermatitis, caused by exposure to an irritant or allergic reaction, typically shows up as a red, itchy rash that is limited to the area of skin exposed to the substance.
- Nummular dermatitis, common in people who have dry skin or live in dry environments, shows up as red, itchy, circular patches of weeping, scaly, or crusted skin.
- Seborhic dermatitis called cradle cap in infants, causes greasy, yellowish scales on the scalp and eyebrows, behind the ears, and around the nose.
- Stasis dermatitis causes scaling and swelling of the lower legs. Sometimes ulcerated or open skin appears inside the lower legs and around the ankles.
- Atopic dermatitis(eczema) can cause extreme, persistent skin itchiness. However, many times, itchiness results simply from dry skin.Call 9004839333 for appointments at our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai.