- It is essential you cover your hair with a hat or a scarf during summers. This protects it from the harmful UV rays and it also helps in retaining moisture.
- Keeping your hair in a loose hairstyle works wonders during the summer. It helps air out your locks and prevents the accumulation of sweat.
- Avoid washing your hair too much during this season; it strips your hair of the essential oils that moisturize it naturally.Also use mild shampoos.
- Resort to air-drying your hair as much as possible. That’s because blow-drying makes your hair frizz up.
- Don’t forget to or skip conditioning; it helps de-frizz your hair during the humid season. Also, opt for deep conditioning at least once a week.
- This is a great hack. After applying sunscreen on your body, simply run your fingers through your hair and let the residual sunscreen protect your hair from UV rays.
- Don’t brush your hair, use a wide-tooth comb instead. These tend to be way less harsh when it comes to untangling your locks.
- Summer is the best time to trim your tresses. That’s because the likelihood of splint ends forming is higher in summer.
- Your hair is also a reflection of your lifestyle. Which is why a balanced diet and healthy exercise regimen will add a sheen to your hair.
- Summer makes you sweaty and want to shower a lot. However, ensure you use a shower filter so that any impurities that may be present in the water don’t hurt your hair.
- What with pollution already working its black magic on your hair, the last thing you need is to let stress get to you. That’s because stress causes hair loss; stay calm.
- Another important summer hair care tip is to give heat styling a break. Opt for natural styling instead.Consult a board certified trichologist for hair issues.
For queries and information call 9004839333.Clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai.