There are several different types of pimples and they have different signs and symptoms:
- Whiteheads– also known as a closed comedo. These are very small and remain under the skin, appearing as a small, flesh-colored papules.
- Blackheads– also known as an open comedo. These are clearly visible on the surface of the skin and are black or dark brown due to the oxidation of melanin, the skin’s pigment. Some people mistakenly believe they are caused by dirt, because of their color, and scrub their faces vigorously – this does not help and may irritate the skin and cause other problems.
- Papules– these are small, solid, rounded bumps that rise from the skin. The bumps are often pink.
- Pustules– these are pimples full of They are clearly visible on the surface of the skin. The base is red and the pus is on the top.
- Nodules– these are morphologically similar (similar structure) to papules, but larger. They can be painful and are embedded deep in the skin.
- Cysts– these are clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are filled with pus and are usually painful. Cysts commonly cause scars.
It is advisable to visit a dermatologist instead of taking over the counter medicines for pimples.For appointments call 9004839333 at our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra.