You can reduce your risk of developing a fungal nail infection by:
- keeping your hands and feet clean and dry
- wearing well-fitting shoes made of natural materials and clean cotton socks – these will allow your feet to “breathe”
- clipping your nails to keep them short – don’t share clippers or scissors with other people
- not sharing towels and socks with other people, and ensure your towels are washed regularly
- not walking around barefoot in public pools, showers, and locker rooms – special shower shoes are available to protect your feet
- replacing old footwear that could be contaminated with fungi.
- Treating athlete’s foot as soon as possible to avoid the infection spreading to your nails
Nail salon equipment can sometimes be the source of fungal nail infections. If you regularly visit a salon, make sure any equipment used is properly sterilised between uses.
For queries and appointments call 9004839333.Clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai.