But if hair loss runs in your family, you could lose a lot more hair. With this kind of hair loss, you may end up with bald spots if you are a man. If you are a woman, you may find that the hair on the top of your head is slowly thinning. About half of all people have this type of hair loss by around age 50.
Although hair loss is fairly common, it can be a tough thing to live with, especially when it changes how you look. But there are ways you can treat your hair loss.
What causes hair loss?
- Common causes of hair loss include:
- Family history. In most cases, hair loss is inherited, which means it’s passed down from one or both of your parents. This is called male-pattern or female-pattern hair loss.
- Stress: it includes physical stress from surgery, illness, or high fever.
- Chemotheraphy: It is powerful medicine that destroys cancer cells.
- Damage to your hair from pulling it back too tightly, wearing tight braids or ponytails, or using curling irons or dyes.
- Age: You grow less hair as you get older. Hair also gets thinner and tends to break more easily as you age.
- Poor diet:It is the one with less protein or iron.
- Diseases:Thyroid [hypothyrodism and hyperthyrodism]
- Ringworm of the scalp, which is common in children.
We have advanced surgical and non surgical treatments for hair fall/hair loss.Contact your nearest dermatologist/trichologist For queries and appointments call 9004839333.We have our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra.